Friday, January 1, 2010

Cake Cutting Tool

So, I think it's pretty safe to assume that our wedding style is "punched up traditional". Sure, we'll have elegant, traditional invitations, but we jazzed them up with our bright color palette and little animals for the food choices...

(I forgot I'd never shared the guts of our invitations!)

And of course we'll be doing a "first dance" to a classic like "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra, but we're adding in a few moves of our own to spice things up! Our guestbook is not your traditional bound guestbook, but in fact a guest book box with cute little notecard inserts like this...


(Another item I haven't revealed yet, mostly because I can't find my camera...)

So, naturally, we couldn't just settle on a traditional cake serving set! They were all far too boring or cutesy or fancy. See what I mean...

And, honestly, when would I ever use them again? So, while on a recent re-registering trip to Target, we purchased the pink santoku knife that I've been eying up for months...


Is it not the most perfect pink knife ever? Plus, it gets bonus points for doing double duty - cake cutter and server! LOVE!

Ciao,

3 comments:

Cyn said...

I love the animals that is such a neat idea. Wish I was a wiz at photoshop like you. Only 5 days left CRAZY!!!

A. Marigold said...

Ooh, I'm a few days late, but CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

I love the response card idea! They are adorable! I also love the fact that you opted not to get the traditional cake serve-ware. I would get more use out of a pretty in pink chef's knife than those things. I wonder if you could get the chef's knife engraved for the wedding? That way, next time you're chopping up a chicken, you'll remember you fabulous day! I think I may have to steal your idea for the guest book. There is no way I'm going to really use the book after the wedding - it's probably going to end up in a box somewhere in the attic, never to be seen again. With the little box and card idea, it can become part of the home decor, depending on the box you put it in. Bravo on the ideas! And mucho congratulations!!!