Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cake Remix

As you may recall, I had fallen in love with this oversized damask wedding cake...
However, I was a bit hesitant because I didn't want to set myself up for a Cake Wreck! You know, I would show my baker this amazing picture and expect a cake equally exquisite, only to be disappointed on our wedding day to see a topsy-turvy sort of square blobby damask cake. Not that I don't have complete faith in our baker, but you get the picture! Besides, I didn't really like the idea of completely copying another baker's work, even if I did switch up the colors ever so slightly...
But nevermind that because I have thought of a much better idea! Since I'm obviously so in love with my damask stamp, why not incorporate its image into the cake like this...
Okay, it's a little crude, but you get the idea! Pink-tinted frosting, damask images at alternating corners (on the other sides as well), and three white fondant flowers on the top, which I grabbed from an image on our baker's website.

I'm so excited about this design breakthrough! It's much more original than the first design, and I'm much less worried about a possible cake wreck. I think this design is right our baker's alley!

Ciao,

No comments: