Monday, June 15, 2009

Flower Ideas

I had to write this down before I forget! We won't be meeting with our florist again until a few weeks before the wedding, so I wanted to make sure I remember this!

I've been struggling to figure out a way to incorporate our pink and orange colors into our flowers. You see, I'm dead set on having an all pink bouquet. I don't know why, but I'm just not as much of a fan of multi-colored bouquets. I want to carry a hot pink ball of flowers down the aisle!
With my pink shoes and white dress, I won't be carrying a lick of orange. So, I think it would be cute if Steve were decked out in orange!
Hehe, okay...maybe not that much orange! Maybe an orange boutonniere, white vest, and orange pocket square? Or perhaps an orange vest and white pocket square?

Then, for the bridesmaids, who will be wearing a black dress, black shoes, and pink sash (again, no orange in the outfit), they could carry orange flowers. The orange bouquets will be used as centerpieces on the head table during dinner, so we would have a pink runner across the front of the head table, similar to this picture...

For the groomsmen (sorry to jump from ceremony to reception then back to ceremony!), they would probably wear orange vests with pink boutonnieres, sort of flip-flopping the colors of the bridesmaids.

I've been contemplating this whole flower/color dilemma for quite some time now, but I think I have it sorted out!

Ciao,

1 comment:

A. Marigold said...

Sounds good to me! I think an all-pink bouquet is the way to go with your outfit... orange might look out of place!