Monday, June 29, 2009

To Toss or Not to Toss...

After going through our guest list the other day, I realized that our garter toss may be a little sparse. I'm pretty sure we'd only have two single guys catching the garter...


So, the dilemma is "to toss or not to toss"... Do we open the garter toss to more than just single blokes? Do we eliminate both the garter and bouquet tosses? Do we just eliminate the garter toss? There are some interesting suggestions here and here. My favorite is...

"We are going to have all married couples join on the dance floor for a dance. Little by little the dj will ask couples to stay on the dance floor if they have been married for more than one year, five years, then ten years and then fifteen etc..... The last couple standing gets the bouquet. It's a nice photo opp. Too. At the last wedding I went to the winning couple, the aunt and uncle, had been married over 50 years. It's a beautiful tribute."

(hehe, it was suggested by a Michelle! Coincidence? I think not!)

Now that I'm brainstorming about it, I'm thinking it would be cute to have all the married couples on the dance floor. Then, we wrap the garter around the bouquet and toss it. Hmm...I kind of love it! :) Now to run it by Steve...

Ciao,

3 comments:

A. Marigold said...

I love that idea! Last night there was a tie--two couples that had been married 56 years. It was cute. :)

Kristal said...

Hmm...that's a good idea. My only concern would be could the longest married couple stay on the dance floor long enough to be awarded the bouquet and garter? I know in our case the longest married couple would be my mom's parents (over 50 years). My grandmother wouldn't be able to participate in something like that though because of her health problems.

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I'm not doing the toss but i'm having julianne smith customize my garter with our colors and then our wedding date on there as a keep sake :)