Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Invitation Iterations

Although I still need to finish the Save the Dates, I'm already thinking about the invitations! Honestly, though, I've been thinking about them for some time! I think I've gone through about five completely different iterations so far...

From a purple and blue (yes, I said purple and blue...told you they'd be completely different!) version of this vintage-inspired invite...

to a pink and orange version of this elegant stationary...

My latest (and hopefully final!) iteration mimics the Save the Dates with the damask stamping technique. Although, I may get a little fancy and use embossing powder! Here's what I had in mind...
(click image to enlarge)

The response card, which would be about postcard size (which makes sense b/c, well, it'll be a postcard!), would be in a little pocket. I considered adding a direction card as well, but most people these days have access to a computer or GPS, so I figured they can map it themselves! :) Plus, we added a little blurb at the bottom about our wedding website, so guests can go there for directions and such.

I'm not entirely sure how big the invitations will be. I initially considering making them to fit an A2 envelope (4-3/8x 5-3/4"), but now I'm considering making them slightly larger to fill an A7 envelope (5-1/4 x 7-1/4"). But, I won't worry about that until I get Microsoft Office back on my computer and I can start playing around with them again!

*Side note: See the cute little pink blurred out word on the first line? That's my last name. See the much longer pink blurred out word just underneath? That's Steve's last name. Ugh, not looking forward to that name change! :P

Ciao,

3 comments:

My Dream Ring said...

I really like the last one, the stamping! LOL about the last name, it does look so much longer than your name now.

Anonymous said...

I like your modern colors with vintage and deco designs. You would like the stamp I just bought for my response postcards.

Okay, goal for the day - try to remember to use my WEDDING blog name and not the other random one!

A. Marigold said...

I loved that second invitation when it came out, too... but I *really* love your stamped/embossed pink and orange one. :) You're so talented! And it's inspiring to see how much of your wedding you're doing yourself!