Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another Centerpiece Idea

After my last post, I got to thinking about our alternative centerpiece. I was always under the impression that pillar candles were super expensive, so I hardly even considered them. However, after doing a little research, I found some candles at a phenomenal price! But first...the inspiration photos!

If you ignore the creepy fingers ready to pounce on the candle display, it's pretty cute! It's a little more Christmas-y than I'd like, but I like the idea of two different colors of candles and a square tray. Actually, I think they used a frame for this display, which is insanely creative!

I like that this centerpiece is a little more modern. Again, the main pieces are there - three candles of varying heights and a square tray.

This one is almost exactly what I had in mind! Change the candles to ones in varying heights and perhaps change the flowers to orange mokara orchid...
...and Bob's your uncle!

For our centerpieces, I would use the following candles from buyacandle.com:
We will be using a 3"x9", 3"x6", and 3"x3" candle at each table. However, now the question is what to put them on!

We could do white plates, although that seems kind of cheesy...
I fell in love with this silver charger, but it might be a tight fit to get all three candles on the 5.75"x5.75" interior square. I'd have to use sand like the third inspiration photo (it's actually the same charger but in a different color), but I don't know if that would fit our winter wedding.

My final option is to use a 12"x12" piece of fabric.

The more I consider it, the more I love the idea of using a damask fabric. Now I just have to find the right one!

Ciao,

No comments: