Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cake Inspiration - Fondant Cutout Cakes

Welcome to part one of our cake series! We're starting our cake tasting this weekend, so we've had to organize our thoughts to make sure we know how to explain what we like! So, we'll start out with our first set of inspirations - fondant cutout cakes!

I'm not sure if their official name is "fondant cutout cakes", but it seems to be the most self-explanatory! So, without further ado, here's our first installment:


Eek! Do you love it? I know I do! The bright colors, bold pattern, and chic shape give this cake tons of sass!


Texture, color, and unique details make for a great outfit - so why wouldn't it make a fabulous wedding cake as well? I love this slightly mod texture! Might look fabulous with a baby pink base, orange instead of green flowers, and a hot pink flower on the side!


Martha knows how to showcase a fab cake! The circular imprints in the fondant add such a unique touch. It's perhaps a little too preppy? for my liking, but the imprint thing just had me tickled pink!


I must be on a circle kick with these photos! I like that this cake is really simple but still unique. I would probably want to jazz it up a little bit more, but the general concept is super cute!

Oi, so many things to consider, and this is just the first installment! Stay tuned for more lovely cake inspirations!

Ciao,

No comments: